Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Older Vinyl Footed Sleeper Pajamas

  1. #1

    Default Older Vinyl Footed Sleeper Pajamas

    Hey!

    I know there have been some older posts on this, but they are closed. I just wanted to see if anyone has or remembers the older footed sleepers with the white vinyl feet from the 80's and early 90's. If you ever had them, I'm sure you remember the vinyl cracking after a lot of wear. The vinyl feet were warm and you could hear them as they slid against a hard floor. I wore these particular sleepers and loved them. They were different than the sleepers made today. A lot of these older sleepers also had toecaps, which were a nice feature.

    I tried uploading a pic of them, but was unsuccessful. I do however have a pic of one on my profile pic/avatar. If anyone has any or had any in the past, please post any info you have on them.
  2. #2
    Diaper Lover
    pajamalover's Avatar

    Default

    I do remember these,
    I loved them I cant remember for the life of me when I stopped wearing. However I do remember a nightmare as well my mother had me take a bath one night and laid out my pajama for me. When I got out she had me put them on and came over to zip me up. While zipping rather quickly she caught the skin of well yeah you know. She had been going so fast that she had to call my father up to lend a hand getting my Willie out of the zip. Now as a grown man I go for the zip in the back of the pjs if not diapered while wearing them.

    Did your Pajamas have the flap at the neck to cover the zipper?
  3. #3

    Default

    I stopped wearing them in the early 90's just before they stopped making them with the vinyl feet. I wish i never stopped wearing them. Yeah those older sleepers bring back so many memories. Interesting story, but that must have hurt. I always loved when I went to my bed and a footed sleeper was lying there for me to put on and zip up. I had a few pairs growing up. I had sleepers from Montgomery Ward, A couple Dr Dentons, and I believe Carter's as well. One had the neck tab you mentioned. I wish I still had all of them. However I do have an adult sized Montgomery Ward blanket sleeper and a few different Dr Denton adult blanket sleepers. Do you remember what brands you had?
  4. #4
    Adultbaby
    Babyfur
    Incontinent
    caitianx's Avatar

    Default

    I remember wearing footed jammies in the early 1960's when I was growing up.
    Yes! I miss wearing them.
  5. #5

    Default

    That was before my time. How were the footed pajamas back then? What materials were they made of? Thanks for your reply!
  6. #6
    Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    dogboy's Avatar

    Default

    I remember wearing them as a child. It didn't take me very long to wear holes through the feet, even though they were vinyl.
  7. #7
    Diaper Lover
    pajamalover's Avatar

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Backinfootedsleepers View Post
    I stopped wearing them in the early 90's just before they stopped making them with the vinyl feet. I wish i never stopped wearing them. Yeah those older sleepers bring back so many memories. Interesting story, but that must have hurt. I always loved when I went to my bed and a footed sleeper was lying there for me to put on and zip up. I had a few pairs growing up. I had sleepers from Montgomery Ward, A couple Dr Dentons, and I believe Carter's as well. One had the neck tab you mentioned. I wish I still had all of them. However I do have an adult sized Montgomery Ward blanket sleeper and a few different Dr Denton adult blanket sleepers. Do you remember what brands you had?
    IT hurt BAD, bad enough that I still cringe when I zip up and that was 30 some odd years ago. unfortunately I do not remember the brands but I think we would have gotten them from either The Bay or Sears.
    Last edited by pajamalover; 17-Feb-2014 at 03:00.
  8. #8

    Default

    Dogboy,

    I remember when the vinyl would crack and split. I once wore a hole in the vinyl toecap of one of my sleepers.

    Pajamalover,

    I'm sure it did hurt. I'm also sure others had that experience as well. Sears made good blanket sleepers back then. They also sold The Winnie The Pooh line which went up to size 16. They were popular. Sears also did their own line as well up to size 16 as well as womens adult sizes. I actually recently got an 80's Sears blanket sleeper. They were nice sleepers.
  9. #9
    Diaper Lover
    Little

    Default

    I remember having something similar happen to me after a bath at my grandmother's when I was 6. I am overly careful now to the point of putting my hand in front to keep the zipper away..
  10. #10

    Default

    Ouch! I'm glad I never had that happen. I have great memories in them. Actually, reading some posts on here brings back many memories. Thanks for everyone's replies! If anyone else has any stories/experiences with older footed sleepers, please post.


    1. #11
      Adultbaby
      Diaper Lover
      Babyfur
      Diaperfur
      Sissy / LG
      Incontinent
      StargazerBleu's Avatar

      Default

      I remember having some of these as a kid.
      Do not remember if had toecaps or not tho.
      I remember being disappointed when they no longer fit me.
      Tho they were worn out in the feet some by then tho.

      Don't have vinyl kind tho I do have several footies. ^_^
    2. #12

      Default

      Yeah that was the unfortunate part with them. The feet would crack. They were nice and warm though. I think they stopped using vinyl in the 90's.
    3. #13
      Diaper Lover
      Incontinent

      Default

      I have posted almost this exact same thing. To me, white vinyl feet are the gold standard of footed pjs. I love my Snug As A Bug PJs, and I have become used to the black vinyl feet, but man I wish I could get them SOMEWHERE with white. Snug As A Bug appears to be using a very durable marine grade vinyl that lasts forever, and I would gladly try that same kind of vinyl in white. But the old PJs had that thin white vinyl that was felt backed and, yes, it would crack after a while. The last time I bought that in a store was probably 1999 in the women's section. I used to go hunting for flannel footed pj bottoms with the white vinyl shortly before Christmas. Sadly, the department stores have given way to dots on the feet.

      You CAN buy that vinyl still at fabric stores. I have some hoarded up. I also have everything I need to make my own sleeper except enough time. I'm not great at sewing, but I can get by. No, I can make time! Gotta have some.
    4. #14

      Default

      Vinylfeet,

      Thanks for your post! Nice screen name too! I totally agree with you! The vinyl footed sleepers were the best. What fabric store did you find the felt backed vinyl at? Was it a chain fabric store? I would love to get some and have some custom sleepers made or change the feet on a modern sleeper and add toecaps.
    5. #15
      Adultbaby
      Incontinent
      Caretaker
      LittleLinus's Avatar

      Default

      Vintage footed pajamas (blanket sleepers) from my childhood are possibly on of my most favorite memories of being a little boy - besides diapers. I remember having rubbing our feet on the carpet and having shock wars with my brother. I also remember being zipped up to quick by my mom.

      I am actually lucky enough to own 3 pairs of the original adult sized Dr. Denton footed pajamas. I have a light blue pair that has the striped white and blue collar and sleeve cuffs as well as the slick vinyl feet. I also have two pairs that are red with the red and white striped collar and sleeve cuffs as well as toe caps and the flap that snaps at the neck.Click image for larger version. 

Name: IMG_20140219_245112_956.jpg 
Views: 446 
Size: 34.8 KB 
ID: 20140Click image for larger version. 

Name: IMG_20140219_244601_627.jpg 
Views: 451 
Size: 32.4 KB 
ID: 20141
    6. #16

      Default

      Littlelinus,

      Thanks for the pics! Those are the exact sleepers I am talking about. They are awesome! What size are they?
    7. #17
      Diaper Lover
      Little

      Default



      Quote Originally Posted by LittleLinus View Post
      Vintage footed pajamas (blanket sleepers) from my childhood are possibly on of my most favorite memories of being a little boy - besides diapers. I remember having rubbing our feet on the carpet and having shock wars with my brother. I also remember being zipped up to quick by my mom.

      I am actually lucky enough to own 3 pairs of the original adult sized Dr. Denton footed pajamas. I have a light blue pair that has the striped white and blue collar and sleeve cuffs as well as the slick vinyl feet. I also have two pairs that are red with the red and white striped collar and sleeve cuffs as well as toe caps and the flap that snaps at the neck.Click image for larger version. 

Name: IMG_20140219_245112_956.jpg 
Views: 446 
Size: 34.8 KB 
ID: 20140Click image for larger version. 

Name: IMG_20140219_244601_627.jpg 
Views: 451 
Size: 32.4 KB 
ID: 20141
      OMG... I love those, they look like the ones I grew up wearing until I was 12, when I finally was too big to fit them with the feet cut off.
    8. #18

      Default

      I actually had a red sleeper growing up just like that with toecaps, but without the neck tab. I think it was a Carter's brand sleeper. They made them up to larger child sizes back then. Dr Dentons were awesome!
    9. #19
      Diaper Lover
      Little

      Default

      I still have my old one, I planned on using it to make a pattern so I could do my own, then found places that sold them in my size...just without the vinyl feet
    10. #20

      Default

      What brand is your old one? Does it have vinyl feet? Toecaps?


    1. #21
      Incontinent

      Default

      I remember them from the 1970's
    2. #22
      Adultbaby
      Incontinent
      Caretaker
      LittleLinus's Avatar

      Default

      Your welcome Backinfootedsleepers. I figured these were the type you were talking about. Dr. Dentons are my absolute favorite blanket sleepers. Its a shame they stopped making them. The ones you find in the store now are just not the same. I've had these for a pretty long time now. They are size x-small ( actually petite) adult. I'm about 5'2" and 105 lbs so they fit me perfectly. One of the perks of being a small framed AB. I didn't know Sears made the Winnie the Pooh line up to size 16. When I was kid I use to have a yellow pair of those with toe caps and snap flap. If I could find a pair like that in a size 16 I would be very happy.
    3. #23

      Default

      LittleLinus,

      They are definitely the sleepers I was talking about. Dr Dentons and other brands in that style were and still are my favorite blanket sleepers. That's cool that you can fit into that size. As for the Sears Winnie The Pooh blanket sleepers, they made them up to size 16 in girls and size 14 in boys from what I have seen. I know they used a thicker and warmer fabric and the feet were the thin white vinyl at one point, but they switched to that thicker and more durable rubber material later. They were nice sleepers!
    4. #24
      Diaper Lover
      Little

      Default

      Dr Denton. It had the toe caps, until my mom removed the feet because I wore through them
    5. #25

      Default

      That's cool! I am sorry to hear the feet got cut off. That destroys the sleeper. I couldn't wear a sleeper without the feet.
    6. #26
      Diaper Lover
      Little

      Default



      Quote Originally Posted by Backinfootedsleepers View Post
      That's cool! I am sorry to hear the feet got cut off. That destroys the sleeper. I couldn't wear a sleeper without the feet.
      Well it was either that or not being able to wear them to sleep because the feet were too small, which is what caused the holes to start. I wasn't giving up my comfy sleeper...lol
    7. #27

      Default

      That's true. Sometimes the feet were either too small or too big. I still liked them. One pair of Dr Dentons I have has a decent size crack on one foot, but it is still ok. However, it eventually gets to the point were it becomes a hole.
    8. #28
      Diaper Lover
      Incontinent

      Default



      Quote Originally Posted by Backinfootedsleepers View Post
      Vinylfeet,

      Thanks for your post! Nice screen name too! I totally agree with you! The vinyl footed sleepers were the best. What fabric store did you find the felt backed vinyl at?
      It was JoAnn Fabric. I think you would find it at any decent sized fabric store. It also tends to turn up in the remnant bins for cheap as well.
    9. #29

      Default

      That sounds good. I will check them out. I would definitely like to get some. Thanks for the info!
    10. #30
      Adultbaby

      Default

      I have bought many from Marcie at foreverakid.com the quality is remarkable and I was able to get the white vinyl and toe caps plus she does many other custom features to recreate footed pajamas from your youth. I wear them frequently and they are probably my most prized possession.


    1. #31

      Default

      Hi Jammies!

      I have heard of them before, but have not gotten any from there yet. I may try a pair sometime. I've mostly just been buying the older sleepers when I come across them.
    2. #32
      Adultbaby

      Default

      i am more often to tall for the vintage footed pajamas though I wish I could find a pair that fits a 6'5" male. That is why I had to go with theirs and they are as close as I will ever come I am afraid. Ebay and etsy occasionally have some of the older ones, I just wish one company would go back to the basics and offer the old fashioned footed pajamas.....
    3. #33

      Default

      Yes...I have seen a few older footed pajamas online here and there. That would be nice if one of these companies made sleepers like the older kind with the materials and features. The popularity of footed pajamas in adults seems to be increasing.
    4. #34

      Default

      Well,

      I'm not sure exactly what material your looking for...but, if it's available I'm sure it wouldn't be much a big deal to use that material instead...
    5. #35
      Adultbaby
      pipsqueak's Avatar

      Default

      These were pretty much all I used to wear at night when I was a kid. I remember them well and wish I could find some now. It's true that the sleepers today just do not compare..Man I wish I knew someone or somewhere that sells these. I used to bust my butt all the time from sliding on the floor.
    6. #36

      Default

      I had one from snugasabug using a vinyl like material. I didn't like how warn my feet were (I like them to breath a bit), so I cut it out.

      Perhaps look into some of those? Unsure if they changed the sole material yet.
    7. #37

      Default

      I have seen those PJs from Snugasabug. They are nice, but they just aren't the same as the older sleepers.

      Pipsqueak,

      I can remember sliding on the floor in the older sleepers. I just didn't do it much since I was worried the feet would crack. I can also remember being able to hear those vinyl feet sliding against the floor from a distance.
    8. #38

      Default



      Quote Originally Posted by Backinfootedsleepers View Post
      I have seen those PJs from Snugasabug. They are nice, but they just aren't the same as the older sleepers.

      Pipsqueak,

      I can remember sliding on the floor in the older sleepers. I just didn't do it much since I was worried the feet would crack. I can also remember being able to hear those vinyl feet sliding against the floor from a distance.
      Well,

      If you can find the material you want...I'm sure I or others can make a pair...
    9. #39
      Adultbaby
      Sissy / LG
      Caretaker

      Default

      I too loved the old sleepers with toe caps. I am glad to know that I was not the only one who loved them. I too would love to see companies bring them back. And as for Marcie at Foreverakid.com, I have emailed her several times for her to make me a sleeper and she has not replied back. So I don't know if she still makes them,
    10. #40

      Default

      I have allot good memory wearing sleepers. Not sure what age I quit. Tho I have always wanted to get another pair.


    1. #41

      Default

      Glad to see this thread is still going! As we are now into spring, I'm sure most aren't wearing sleepers much. It's still cool to talk about them. I have so many great memories with the older sleepers too.
    2. #42

      Default

      Well,

      Speak for yourself...we got over a foot of snow here...sleepers are almost a necessity...

      I've still not found the material your talking about...

      I use the white material with the rubber dots...I have one bad foot I can feel and falls are common...so better grip is for me.

      But, if you or anyone has a link/place where the material can be had...I'd make a pair or two...made a couple pairs this week...amongst some other experiments...

      My main sewing machine and area is back in action...yeah!
    3. #43

      Default

      That is very true! I spoke too soon in regards to the weather.

      I actually have not started searching for the vinyl I mentioned. I need to. I would try local fabric stores. If I find any, I will post the info on here.
    4. #44
      Adultbaby
      Babyfur
      Little
      Incontinent
      LilJennie's Avatar

      Default

      I don't remember one-piece footed sleepers with this type of feet, but I totally remember two-piece pajamas with them. I wore them in the 70s.
    5. #45

      Default

      Check for white vinyl naugahyde... it's not exactly the same but, it should be a good alternative to the original souls and toe-caps of the earlier feeties...
      -Marka
    6. #46
      Adultbaby
      Sissy / LG
      Caretaker

      Default

      I remember wear them when I was a kid. I wish they could make them again. I have one but the zipper is broken off of it. Anyone that could make me one let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment